Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Truly Blessed, Eternally Greatful

First, let me just start off by saying "I have the most AMAZING family EVER!!!!!!!" Seriously, not even joking!

My in-laws have had my children for the past 31 of 42 days. I can guarantee its no picnic! Not saying that my children are a handful, but they are full of energy and I'm sure it's been quite the adjustment on both ends. They have been kept busy with the plethora of games that Grandma has, puzzles that Grandpa does with them, books there are to read, baking cookies, having movie nights, going to the park, being taken to the Parent Link Center in High River and participating in the programs they have there, playing with cousins, and I even heard that Marshall helped Grandpa clean all three bathrooms!!...Basically doing all the things that I wish I could be doing with them.

My Sisters-in-laws have helped out by watching the kids at Grandma and Grandpa's or by having the kids over at their house to play (so Grandma & Grandpa can continue with their planned outings...and have a much deserved break I'm sure!)

My Aunt & Uncle have "put me up" for the past five and a half weeks, and my entire family on the weekends. Not only have they provided a place for me to be so that I can be closer to the Foothills Hospital (just in case) they, once again, are providing for me emotionally & physically. They truly are a great support system for myself and my family at this time.

My sister has graciously given up the bed she was sleeping in and has since moved to the futon in the same room (it brings back memories of when we were younger and shared a room)

My other sister has driven me back and forth between all the Dr appointments and Ultrasounds that I have had.

and MULTIPLE people have been here to help me out with the kids if they get dropped off before Irish is able to be here. Because of my family helping out, the kids have been able to go to 'Tommy K Play Place' which is an indoor playground for kids here in Calgary with big slides, plasmacars and roadways, a little gymnastic area, and tonnes of tunnels for the kids to crawl around in. We've had a 'gym day' at the church and the kids had a blast running around with their cousins playing basketball, pushing babies in strollers, driving plasmacars, and just burning a whole bunch of energy. My sisters had a movie night with the kids, followed by taking them swimming at the leisure centre the next day.

It's been great to feel all of the Love and Support we have received from our immediate family and how much everyone is just willing to 'pitch in' and help out! With everyone helping out, it makes the situation that we are in not so bad.

So Thank You family for being there for us in our time of need! We really, truly are SO very grateful and appreciate all that you are doing for us!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment